Provide confidential support if you think about suicide.
Do you need help and want to talk anonymously about thoughts of suicide? Then call 113 or chat with them on the website.
113 Suicide Prevention is the national Dutch suicide prevention center (in both English and Dutch). They employ psychologists and psychiatrists and a large group of fully trained volunteers who allow them to provide round-the-clock confidential support through chats and phone calls. 113 works in close cooperation with the mental health institutes’ crisis centers. Together, these professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week across the Netherlands for crisis dialogues and psychological treatments.
Their mental health services include:
- Crisis chat (a direct opportunity to talk online to a trained volunteer)
- Crisis telephone (a direct opportunity to talk to a trained volunteer by phone and, if necessary, to a professional)
- Chat therapy (a maximum of 8 online chat dialogues with a professional)
- Self-help course (an independent online course aimed at reducing suicidal tendencies)
- Self-tests (questionnaires to fill in and to offer an indication of the severity of your troubles and symptoms (an anxiety and depression test and a test that measures suicidal tendencies)
- Consultation by telephone for other professionals, next of kin or friends about somebody in need (the opportunity to pose a brief question to a professional in a session lasting a maximum of ten minutes)
Info: Call 113 on 0800-0113 or chat with them on the website. https://www.113.nl/