|Location:||Terneuzen, The Netherlands|
Are you excited to start or continue your early career in Supply Chain in one of the leading material science companies? Do you have a Master’s degree and are you seeking to further develop your professional skills?
We have a unique opportunity for a Demand & Supply Chain Planner within the Packaging & Specialty Plastics business in Terneuzen (NL) – our Supply Chain EMEAI hub location. In this role you‘ll experience the combined responsibilities of two different fields within our Supply Chain organization:
As Demand Planner you will be responsible for all aspects of the Packaging & Specialty Plastics business aligned demand planning process. You will consolidate inputs from the business stakeholders, generate the consensus demand plan, facilitate the monthly demand review meeting, collaborate with supply planning to manage demand execution and interface with the centralized demand planning and analytics team for the business.
As Supply Chain Planner you will be in charge of deciding what, when and where to produce or replenish for multiple production or warehouse locations. The Supply Chain Planner balances supply and demand over the tactical horizon to achieve optimum product availability, asset utilization and supply chain efficiencies.
Responsibilities Demand Planner:
- – Orchestrates the overall Demand process through gathering, organizing, and analysis of the demand data.
- – Analyze sales vs. forecast progress and drive actions accordingly.
- – Consolidates inputs to recommend an aggregate, unconstrained demand plan.
- – Identifies, develops and implements process improvement plans to optimize the Demand Management process.
- – Coordinates with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Finance, and Supply to maintain continuous integrated resolution of issues as they arise, as well as day to day threats and opportunities to the plan.
- – Review monthly quarter sales numbers with Sales leaders.
- – Prepare monthly sales, forecast reports for the Pre-S&OP and financial review with Commercial Director, Product Director.
- – Co-lead with Product Manager the yearly Sales Planning process.
Responsibilities Supply Chain Planner:
- – Manages Supply/Demand for a product family, production capacity and/or warehouse replenishment planning.
- – Maintains and executes planning within ECC and OMP planning tools.
- – Monitor actual performance versus plan and engage cross-functional efforts to resolve unplanned events.
- – Proactively identifies and removes constraints in the goods flow and provides and transparent status updates to business and function.
- – Cooperates closely with upstream and downstream Dow partners.
- – Cooperates closely with Customer Service/Sales to optimize service levels and with Manufacturing/External Manufacturing to balance inventory and product quality.
- – Tunes capacity requirements with Logistics, Site-Logistics, Outplant management.
- – Identifies and drives supply chain improvements to improve service levels, reduce costs or improve supply chain quality.
- – Participates in or leads supply chain projects.
- – A Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field in Business/Engineering/Science.
- – Up to 3 years of relevant working experience (including internships).
- – Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- – Great affinity with tools, systems & data and have strong analytical skills.
- – Enjoy collaborating with stakeholders across regions and functions and have affinity with Commercial.
- – Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure: speed & timeliness is key.
Contract type: Temporary contract for the duration of one year with the intention of a permanent employment in the future.
Note: This position does not offer relocation support/visa sponsorship.
Apply today! Create your profile and submit your CV and motivation letter in the portal. You’ll automatically receive a confirmation email if we have successfully received your application.
Don’t miss your chance and apply before March 1st, 2021! Our recruiter contacts you for a phone interview if there is a potential match with your profile.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to equal opportunities in employment without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We encourage every employee to bring their whole self to work each day to not only deliver more value, but also have a more fulfilling career.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth, asset integration and scale, focused innovation and leading business positions to achieve profitable growth. The Company’s ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company. Dow’s portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. Dow operates 109 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 36,500 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $43 billion in 2019. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.