How to improve our should cost calculations
In the Material Cost Excellence (MCE) program, Should Cost Calculations are an important tool to create understanding and transparency on the cost of purchased goods in order to get to the best Truck at the best Price. We are looking for opportunities on how to improve our should cost calculations. The study should cover the evaluation of our current used information sources for material, labor and machine rates; the processes in place to use this information in should cost calculations; potential new information sources; recommendations for quality and efficiency improvements; aim to have a standardized approach within DAF Cost Engineering.
For this assignment we are looking for a Bachelor student Industrial Engineer / Finance
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) per month on full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
- Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.