Support within purchasing the sourcing of products for future electric mobility
Within our department we are looking for a Bachelor student for this internship assignment. In the coming months several new products have to be selected forfuture electric mobility . Support is requested to create overview of all project activities, maintain project timing, and support in sourcing activities.
- You are looking for a Bachelor internship Assignment (This assignment is not suitable for a graduate or master student)
- Study: Industrial Engineering / Automotive Engineering
- Work can be done 50% remote
- You need to speak fluently English with basic know-how of the functioning of an electric vehicle and components involved.
DAF Trucks is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc. The DAF Trucks N.V. purchasing organization is part of PACCAR Corporate Purchasing and goes under the name of PACCAR Purchasing Europe. It is responsible for the delivery of goods and services to production units in Eindhoven and Westerlo (DAF Purchasing) and to Leyland (Leyland Purchasing). The PACCAR Purchasing Europe organization is subdivided into Product Projects, Production Purchasing, Non-Production Purchasing, Parts Purchasing and Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA).
DAF wants to give substance to “Strategic Supply Management” in an effective, proactive and interdisciplinary manner, in the following five areas: Quality, Logistics, Know-how, Competitive position and Competitive position Price. The supplier must have a favorable market position and financial position & the total costs within the value chain must be competitive.
The work at the Department of Purchasing takes place in an inspiring and challenging environment. Correctly managing relationships with our suppliers is essential for our continuing success as a truck manufacturer. The strategic necessity for cost reduction must in part be achieved via the purchasing process.
- A view behind the scenes at a large international corporation;
- You will get a lot of freedom and responsibility. We are open to your initiatives and depending on the assignment you see your results back in the workplace;
- An experienced coach and supervisor who can teach you a lot and is willing to help you with your assignment;
- After your graduation, you will have the opportunity to start your career at DAF;
- An internship wage of € 375,- (HBO) , € 450,- (WO) per month on full-time base;
- A travel allowance, if you don’t have a student travel product (provided by the Dutch government);
- A housing allowance, if you temporarily rent a room near DAF.
Each intern will have the opportunity to participate at the Student Event. During this event you will meet other interns and find out more about DAF/PACCAR!
Would you like to know more about the experiences of other students? Here you can read stories of our former interns.