|Industry:||Chemicals/Fast Moving Consumer Goods|
Join us as a Junior Account Manager via our Sales Trainee Program, the Dow Commercial Development Program, in Antwerp, Belgium, starting on March 1, 2019.
You will become part of an international cohort across the regions Europe, Middle East, Africa, and India forming the Trainee Wave of 2019. During the 8 months intensive induction program, you will be prepared to becoming Dow’s next generation of customer-centric sales representatives who are the key to our sustained commercial success.
You will develop selling, negotiation, and presentation skills to become a Solutions Consultant to our customers in a complex Business-to-Business market whilst connecting with a vibrant team spread across different locations.
The program sets an environment to grow personally and to gain real hands-on experience working within a leading material science company.
You are a young professional, aspiring to start a sales career… This is where it all begins!
During the program, you will:
· Attend classroom trainings and working sessions to advance sales management skills in three different Dow locations across Europe (The Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland)
· Handle real-life Sales and Marketing projects in collaboration with a Dow business segment to prepare for the future job
· Explore business growth opportunities for Dow with exposure to current and potential customers and markets
· Build technical knowledge of products and applications to become an effective sales person
· Network with Dow Senior leadership and shadow experienced Dow colleagues for early career mentoring
After successful completion of the Commercial Development Program, you will become an Account Manager representing the Packaging & Specialty Plastics business segment, while interfacing with customers across all organizational levels.
Account Manager’s responsibilities include:
· Build and develop relationships with internal and external customers and influencers
· Achieve sales goals and objectives in assigned territory as derived by business strategies and marketing plans
· Utilize extensive knowledge of customers’ total needs and Dow’s product offerings to form account strategies and promote long term value creation
· Solve customer problems by working collaboratively
You shall have a natural desire to learn, exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, and embrace a pro-active attitude. If you feel you possess effective communication skills paired with strategic thinking and planning, we are looking forward to meeting you!
Further job requirements include:
· Master degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Business, or Economics
· Experience in Sales & Marketing or in a related industry of up to 3 years is an advantage
· Perfect fluency in the local language of the country and proficiency in English is required; additional language skills are an asset
· Willingness to travel and flexibility to work extended hours at times
· A valid driver’s license is a must
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.