Do you have a hands-on mentality and a strong affinity with technology? Do you like to use your technical creativity to make prototypes and deliver pilot installations? We are disrupting this market by delivering signs that generate their own power for a brighter and more sustainable future. We are looking for an experienced product engineer to advance our mission.
Lusoco is a high-tech start-up dedicated to creating a brighter and more sustainable future. We are offering a challenging position in a highly dynamic work environment. At Lusoco, we believe that energy harvesting should not mean a compromise in aesthetics. We print on glass to create stunning designs which harvest daylight then illuminate at night.
You will create our product as part of a fast-growing team. You will lead the housing design, work with electronics partners to choose the electronics components and assemble all the components. Each pilot project you manage will make it possible to test your design in real life environments. In this role you will be enabling pilot projects and translating customer needs into to new solutions.
In our start-up we work as a team towards the same shared goal. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- – Managing the design of our products and processes using Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to build digital models of product concepts.
- – Creating and testing product prototypes. Characterizing the efficiency of the devices in the lab and in the field. Making smart choices on how to deliver improvements.
- – Selecting components (LED, batteries, solar cells) for product manufacturing. Sourcing the materials/components required to build new prototypes and then scaling prototypes in a cost-effective manner.
- – Showcasing our technology at technical trade fairs.
- – Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering / Mechanical Engineering.
- – Hands-on attitude and dedication to validating product ideas, creating prototypes and deploying them in the field.
- – Ability to solve complex problems, as the initial build of a prototype is rarely a smooth process.
- – Solid understanding of the basics of electronics and/or willingness to learn more in this field.
- – Fluent in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
What we offer
- – A rewarding and innovative role in a young and fast-growing company dedicated to a more sustainable future.
- – A position where your technical creativity will not be limited in any way.
- – A flexible and challenging experience at a high-tech hardware start-up.
- – Flexible working hours and a competitive salary
- – Inspirational colleagues.
- – Opportunities for professional development within our team.