Purchasing role suited to a high-potential candidate looking to develop their career within a global purchasing organisation. You will work on regional projects across various countries and will be responsible for co-ordinating these projects
Purchasing Parts buys products and parts for PACCAR Parts. PACCAR Parts is a leading provider of high-quality truck and trailer parts, integral service concepts and support solutions developed with the needs of today’s transport professionals in mind. PACCAR Parts distributes and sells parts under various brand names exclusively through the DAF dealer network, which comprises more than 1,000 dealers. The PACCAR Parts range includes over 100,000 different items.
A role within Purchasing Parts will see you put your commercial expertise to good use. As a buyer within Purchasing Parts, you will primarily be purchasing parts that will be sold worldwide directly via DAF dealers. You will therefore work closely with all global purchasing organisations (including those in China and India) and with fellow buyers at PACCAR Parts North America as well as Marketing & Sales professionals and Pricing specialists from PACCAR Parts in Eindhoven.
In the role of Purchasing Manager Parts (internal job title: Commodity Manager), you will be responsible for the entire purchasing workflow for truck and trailer parts. You will provide the interface between external suppliers and the internal client.
- – Your duties will include making well-founded supplier selections and conducting price and contract negotiations; you will also ensure a strong performance in the areas of quality and delivery reliability.
– Using Key Performance Indicators, you will strive to secure continuous improvement from your suppliers.
– You will manage improvement projects and co-ordinate projects with other regions including Brazil and BCC regions.
- – You will conduct ongoing market research and benchmarking in order to capitalise on new trends in the global supplier market.
The Purchasing Manager Parts reports to the Unit Manager.
– Completion of professional training (HBO) or university education.
– NEVI 1 and 2 diploma desirable.
– Purchasing experience with truck and trailer parts and in-depth knowledge of such parts on the market preferred.
– The successful candidate will have international experience plus a good command of English and preferably also German.
– You will be a strong communicator, make a good personal impression and will have good commercial awareness.
Interested in this job? Get into contact with Hester Bax, recruiter, via: Hester.Bax@DAFTRUCKS.com / 040-2142986, or visit the vacancy by clicking the following link: https://www.daf.com/working-at-daf/vacancies