Supply Chain Management Talent Program
Do you want to become a supply chain specialist, leader or project manager? This is your chance! The ASML Supply Chain Management Talent Program is a fantastic opportunity to kick-start your career. Join our two-year development program at our headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, where we’ll provide you with the opportunity to learn about a broad range of our supply chain operations: from securing on-time delivery of materials and interacting with suppliers to optimizing inventory levels across our warehouses and reacting to customer demand.
Our newest machines comprise about 100,000 parts, and it takes six airplanes to transport them to our clients. As a result, supply chain management at ASML requires creativity and boldness. We plan four years ahead, while our bills of materials can change weekly. If you’re enthusiastic about solving issues before they become problems, join the ASML Supply Chain Management Talent Program.
By joining our two-year development program, you will receive the ideal combination of ‘learning’ and ‘doing’ that will build the fundamentals needed for a career in supply chain management. You will gain specific ASML product and process knowledge and interact with other departments across the business and the world. Our supply chain colleagues are involved from start to finish across our value chain, managing an extensive supplier base, proactively contributing to business results with creative and collaborative solutions, and continuously improving our internal processes and way of working.
- About 30 positions for new graduates are available for the 2020 program.
- We have three starting dates: April, August and December.
- You will work for two years in a position within our supply chain department, such as a coordinator or analyst.
- The talent program is similar to a traineeship but for most positions, you specialize in a specific field instead doing job rotation across the company.
- Three candidates per class will get the opportunity to rotate within three different supply chain management departments. These candidates will be selected based on various criteria.
- You will participate in an intensive training and development program, which consists of approximately 10 training days a year to develop your hard skills, soft skills and cultural skills.
- You will receive guidance from a personal mentor from the company as well as a professional coach from an external company to define your personal learning goals and drive your personal development.
You will be part of our industry-leading supply chain management (SCM) organization, which includes over 1,000 people worldwide. We are responsible for guaranteeing material availability at the right quality and cost to our factories and customers. We manage the complete chain from development and engineering, suppliers, customers and ASML factories, including freight, transport and warehousing. Our DNA contains customer focus, concurrent engineering and virtual integration, plus the ability to thrive in a volatile market, accelerate the supply chain and deliver creative solutions.
Some interesting facts about the ASML supply chain:
- Every hour that one of our systems is down costs the client €72,000. Any break in material availability can have an unacceptable impact for our customers.
- We have a supplier base of 900 suppliers.
- For each system, we manage around 100 supply chains going up to 10 tiers deep.
- We manage an inventory of around €4.5 billion.
- The annual logistics spend is €100 million.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the field of industrial engineering, supply chain management or mechanical engineering and a focus on supply chain management.
- You graduated less than six months ago or you will graduate before the start of the program.
- You have a maximum of six months of relevant working experience.
- You are hands-on, down-to-earth and pragmatic.
- You can handle push back.
- You would like to work in a multicultural environment comprising over 120 nationalities.
- You speak and write fluent English.
- You participated in extracurricular activities, such as serving as part of the board for a student association or did volunteer work.
We offer you
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours)
- 13th month payment
- 8% holiday allowance
- Pension plan
- Commuting allowance
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally
- A safe environment to experiment with what you learn
- A close network with your fellow program participants
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers
- Selection process
- 1. Apply
Applications for the SCM Talent Program are open throughout the whole year. After we receive your application, we’ll let you know if your resume has been selected. Together, we’ll choose which selection day suits you best. A prescreening call and assessment may be part of this step.
- 2. Selection day
We organize three selection days:
- Mid-February 2020 (application deadline January 13)
- Mid-June 2020 (application deadline mid-May)
- Mid-October 2020 (application deadline mid-September)
The exact dates will be announced in January.
The selection day consists of a presentation of our SCM departments, a visit to the ASML Experience Center, two job interviews, a business game and an elevator pitch.
- Job offer
You’ll be informed within a couple of days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer.
If you have any questions, send an email to campusrecruitment.EU@asml.com.
ASML: Be part of progress
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide chipmakers with everything they need – hardware, software and services – to mass produce patterns on silicon through lithography. We’re a global team of more than 24,000 people from 123 different nationalities and counting.