Are you a third year (penultimate) student looking for a summer internship (2017)? Do you love solving complex puzzles, working with algos and number crunching? Do you get excited about pricing and trading financial products in an international, fast changing environment? And do you want to work in a place where you can make a real difference to the international capital market place? Then you might by the Trader Intern we are looking for!
What you’ll do:
As an Optiver intern you will have the opportunity to work for a leading, proprietary trading firm. In the program, you will learn introductory derivative theory, become familiar with trading concepts and Optiver trading philosophy. You will also learn extensive market making fundamentals and work on and complete useful projects with senior traders. Finally, you will sit behind the screen and trade options with cutting-edge software from live market data. The training and trading environments at Optiver are collaborative and the internship follows the same ideology.
Optiver only hires top-talent. Gaining a spot in the intern class of 2017 is a strong indicator that you possess the skills and talents necessary to succeed in trading. Upon completion of the internship, you will be evaluated by our hiring managers and our successful candidates will receive a full-time offer from Optiver.
What you’ll need:
- – Third year student in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics related field of study with ability to work full-time upon graduation in 2018;
– Outstanding quantitative skills and logical reasoning;
– Innate desire to constantly improve;
– Desire to work in a competitive environment and be part of a team;
– Fluency in English (Dutch is not required).
What you’ll get:
Optiver is above all a state of mind. We are looking for you when you believe in daily improvement, when you like to be seriously rewarded for your performance and when you easily adapt to change and enjoy some humor and fun.
To be concrete:
– An international internship on the trading floor guided by senior traders for 8 weeks during the summer of 2017;
– Challenging projects from which the outcome will be used as direct input for trading strategies contributing to the bottom line;
– Mentor program;
– Furnished housing arrangement provided by Optiver in the city center of Amsterdam;
– Competitive salary;
– Awesome social events and outings;
– Free breakfast and lunch provided in Optiver kitchen, bi-weekly massage & bicycle to explore Amsterdam;
– Possibility to receive full-time offer upon completion of internship
Who are we?
Optiver is an international and innovative global market maker. We deal with highly-automated electronic market making activities in a wide variety of products including derivatives and stocks. With offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney and Shanghai, we employ over 1000 talented individuals from over 40 nationalities and trade in more than 20 countries, across five continents, 24 hours a day. We aim to be unrivalled in our industry, by being talented, creative and result driven. And it doesn’t matter how we dress or what we believe in, as long as we exceed our and each other’s expectations.
If you are ready to apply, and we hope you are, apply directly via our website for the position of Trader. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English and mention that you are interested in the Internship. Applications without a letter of motivation will not be reviewed. When we think the ‘magic’ is there, you will hear from us sooner than you expect. If you have any questions feel free to contact Recruitment on +31 (0) 20 708 70 00 or email@example.com.